Thursday, February 14, 2013

My thoughts on Valentines Day

This week has been busy, and quite honestly a little tough. Getting up at 5:30 am to work at the bakery for my internship is tiring, and the weather hasn't been too cheery. Its been cold and rainy. I think the thing that got me (like that smoke got Sweet Brown, thankfully no bronchitis fo me) was that this was the first week where it really hit me that I don't have my usual support system here. I was missing everyone, but during this time, it made me realize how I've taken for granted the way that you all care for me. On this day when we celebrate love (or just big ol' boxes of chocolate, side note: do you think Valentines Day is Forrest Gump's mom's/Sally Field's fav holiday?) I want to take a minute to say how thankful I am for the love I receive every day. From my Heavenly father, from my parents, from my sister, from the best friends around, from my family, and my church family, and you dear blog reader, I can say with certainty that I am well loved! Sometimes its easy to forget, but I'm thankful for the reminders I've had this week. Here's a list of a some things that helped me remember to be appreciative of you all:

  • Skyping with my dad
  • E-mails from my mom
  • Getting great facebook messages from friends
  • Having a friend ask how she could pray for me
  • seeing an amazing sunset from a God that loves me more than I'll ever be able to understand
  • watching videos that some Northbrookers made for me before I left (they made me laugh and cry and I can't believe you sneaky loving people made those for me!)
 I often find myself dwelling on the things I don't have instead of being grateful for the things I DO have. So if you're like me, maybe you just need a little reminder of how you are loved. And here it is: YOU ARE GREAT! THE coolest. Awesome! Thank you for the reminders of how I AM loved, thank you for your love, and for sticking by me through thick and thin. I'd be lost without you guys, and I love each and every one of you!

Sending much love your way with a way cool European stamp,
Laura

P.S. I'm now the master (kinda) of making macaroons thanks to Mr. Miyagi's school of Macaroons

P.S. take two: Here's a song for you. Confession: I once attempted to pitch a fit for my mom to buy me this cd because I thought "The Way You Love Me" was the best song ever. Thankfully my mom did not give into the bratty attempt, but I got it as a Christmas present a few weeks later and then I felt bad about it. Good parenting move mom!
And now a bonus because I just thought of this song. I don't understand his jacket at the beginning, and its pretty obvious that this video inspired Beiber's dancing fever. Also, I wish the sight of my flawless abs could shatter a mirror.

1 comment:

  1. wait i love usher!!!!!!!!!!! and the bieber even though you didn't post a song from him. i don't know why this comment says anonymous.. it's calyn :)

    ReplyDelete